Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Grateful on 12/14/202

 Today is my father’s birthday. I am grateful that he was born, and was healthy for all the years of his life. I am grateful for him, and that he was instrumental in giving me life. 

Grateful too today, for sampling great local produce, and amongst other things, enjoying deliciously simple stir fried spinach, which I made with just some garlic, butter and olive oil. That’s all. Thankful also for enjoying the outdoors, and being with loved ones. Grateful for remembering today my prayers, and grateful that I was taught to pray. 

Today, I am also grateful for hearing from someone I love very much. Grateful that I have so many people to love, and think of you. Grateful to know that it is love, because I want to share the beauty with them, knowing they will like it. 

Grateful for the kindness of strangers, not one, not two, not three, not four, but at least five! Grateful that I know to remember them in my prayers. 

Grateful that I no longer hold a grudge or feel disgust and hurt, at the inconsideration and unkindness of people, and that I move on and forgive them, because it’s all they know and it’s where they are in their journey. 

Grateful for life’s so many serendipities, that looking back at the , I truly feel God is watching out for us. 

Grateful that I have finally acknowledged that my writing gives joy to some people. Grateful for having the courage to be able to write with more honesty. Grateful that there are fewer pieces sitting in the drafts and I am able to share more. 

Praying things get back to normal in the world. Grateful for having been given the abilities to tide over the past year. 

Grateful for childhood friends who I will be seeing very soon!

Veenu Banga

12/14/21

11:12 pm.

No comments: