Saturday, December 4, 2021

Grateful for safe passage on 12/04/2021

Trains, planes and automobiles! So goes the saying. Boats, ferries, ships and sailings. The many ways we go from place to place. 

I’m sailing, and you’re with me. As always when I’m doing something exciting or see something I like or enjoy, I want to share it with you. But physically you’re not here, yet in my thoughts you’re there, always. 


Come nightfall and in my peaceful solitude, in the quiet of my bed, under the warm quilt of Australian wool, undisturbed and unnoticed, I think of you. Not voluntarily. You come, and disturb my peace. Then we talk as I invoke the best of you. In you. I think I’m thankful for that too. Do you like traveling with me? They say you’re everywhere. Why then do I say that I take you with me? I don’t know. May be I do, and can’t articulate it? 


It may be because I like the feeling of control, of knowing you are there because I brought you with me. You’re there as easily as when I think of you?


I’m thankful for my nuns. For the teachings of Samyata. Equilibrium. I now accept more, and react less.The nuns did far more for me. They redefined my relationship with you.


I’m grateful for my imagination. It rescues me from frequently having to accost unwanted tracts of memory. 


I’m grateful for NPR. For its podcasts which are a delight to listen to on the road. Wait, wait, don’t tell me, Hidden Brain, Planet Money. For their Masterpiece stories. God bless all the benefactors for their generosity which brings us these treasure. Too many to name. Series such as Bridgerton, Grantchester, the Jane Austen shows, Death in Paradise, Miss Marple, Father Brown, Doc Martin. Again far too many to mention I’m grateful for Ted Lasso.


What a blessing to appreciate all these wonderful things one has been exposed to. I wish I had started doing this sooner!


Veenu

December 04, 2021

9:38 pm.



No comments: