Tuesday, January 4, 2022

These are a few of my favorite things..

 And people, Neelu who is very, very special, Susan, Surinder, the children, friendly kind strangers with friend potential, amongst others. And drives, English country roads. And breads, olive bread, homemade bread. And songs, that sneak in unawares and cosy up and make a permanent place in my heart. And sound, the water gurgling in a brook and gently falling by the roadside, Bari Aunty and Joginder mama always calling me Rani, And sight, of the sky reaching out to kiss the horizon. And smell of halwa and cooking of parathas, Dosa, Laksa, upma, ghee, sandalwood, vetiver, jasmine, rose oil, and.. And touch of children, an old lady, my grandfather outing his arm around my shoulder when we went for a walk, my grandmother when she hugged me, my Bari Aunty blushing and struggling to break free when I kissed her non stop, Joginder mama, ditto, mummy’s strong hands when I had a migraine, the cool breeze on a summer’s night in New Delhi. And taste of trying new and different cuisine, sweet and crisp grapes, sweet green pears, mulberries, rice pulao cooked with lots of vegetables, and foods and drink shared with loved ones..and I’m thankful for all of these things, that I have so many I can call favorites. 

I want to start sleeping earlier. 

Veenu Banga

01/03/2022

10:06 pm.

No comments: