Wednesday, January 5, 2022

It’s coming back to me now, just a little..

 It started with these lines, “..ice cream castles in the air..” from Joni Mitchell’s song, Both Sides Now. I woke up thinking of the sky in the Shetlands, and for some reason heard these lines of the song. Except I see the tops many toppings on ice cream cones, and she saw castles. So just as I thought I’m over my need for music to take me away, music sneaked back into my consciousness. 

I suppose I could look at it “from both sides now” too. That the reminder of the music was because I thought of the clouds that I miss seeing from the vantage of the 360 views that we had from our modest but very modern chalet in the Shetlands. Of course I tried listening to music later in the day, but don’t need it just yet.

It’s supposedly going to get colder here tonight. However, I’m getting used to the cold. It’s the wind that one can’t handle. So far so good. The day was sunny and crispy clear. The crispness of the air carried on into the evening. The sky was clear and filled with stars, and upon first going out I saw the clear crescent of the newer moon. It had one shiny star flanking it, just a little over it. Possibly Venus, but could be Jupiter too, as there was mention of it with Pisces. Being no astrologer or astronomer, I couldn’t say more. It was going to bode well though. 

Back to gratitude. Today I’m grateful that we got to spend the day celebrating the birthday of a childhood friend. Beyond childhood if one could use that phraseology, as our mothers were friends before they got married, so we are connected through our mother’s friendship, when we were both in the womb! 

The morning started with us collectively cooking a few things to take over for the dinner. We intended to surprise her. She was indeed surprised. We had a marvelous time with her and her wise and wonderful husband. Good company is a booster shot of contentment.

Can’t complain about anything really, and that is a realization that came a bit late. That’s always a good thing to be thankful for! 

Veenu Banga

01/05/2021

11:12 pm.

No comments: