Sunday, January 2, 2022

Grateful for the special people in our lives.

 What a day and what a start to the new year! The bonanza of friends who are family! These friendships are the gifts that keep on giving. The times spent with them in their affectionate companionship are the rich dividends we reap off of a principal that continues to grow. That’s a good thing to be grateful for.

Life is a fine balance of so many dynamics. One of the good things about being in the company of such dear ones, is that one can celebrate life and togetherness. One can also explore life’s unexpected twists and turns, the complexities of situations and the nuances that influence various outcomes. One can take comfort in knowing that while the locations differ, much of life’s issues are the same with people everywhere.

We went for Langar with Surinder, and it was delicious as always. The Gurudwara was quite busy, it being a Sunday and they were discussing the two Sahibzada’s We then went to visit Surinder’s Mum and had an amazing time with her. Have no idea where 1.5 hours flew. As we left from there, the rain was just abating. The sky was beaming with pride, showcasing a thick wide bodied double rainbow in the sky, and I could see both ends of the arc against a clearly sold turquoise blue, cloudless sky. It was beautiful! Thankful for this rewarding sight from the heavens! 

We then went for another visit, and had a great evening with some very close friends-the kind that we share a history with, and they are more family than friends. Also got to watch a video very painstakingly prepared, of their 56 day trip to India. Top three take always for me were a visit to Hampi, the Ajanta and Ellora caves, and at least one of the temples in South India that they visited. Maybe Meenakshi temple, or even one of the lessor known ones.

It was vey inspirational to be in their company, and I was thinking that today’s blog will become too long. However, it is not to be. I will just have to jot down the topics that were stimulating my mind, because I’m hoping for an early(ire) night. 

Today my Facebook status reads: “ This year I hope to find my friend VIJI, J. Vijaya Murali of 7/27 Davey & co. Lane in Coimbatore. She named her daughter Veenu. Viji is a nurse. she is darkskinned, and her eyes are blue like Krishna’s in paintings, with rich brown pupils. Viji is besutiful, and has an enchanting smile. her husband worked for a Bank and his name is Murali. Viji is Christian, and Murali is Hindu.

The second friend I hope to find is Shobhana Shirodkar (maiden name) who married Neel, who was in the Indian Air Force. I’m forgetting the name her last city in Maharashtra, but I think she’s from Ratnagiri.
The third friend is Asha Nedungadi, from Madras. She came and visited me in New Delhi as well. She has two brothers, both of whom I met. The younger one worked in hospitality and was in Denmark at some point. The older brother Murli worked for Air India.
I lost touch with these friends after we got married. I hope 2022 will give me reason to be grateful fo finding these long lost friends. If anyone can help, I shall be most grateful! Thanks so very much!”

We kept in touch by writing letters. It’s something I miss dearly. I hope one of these days, one of the reasons to be grateful for is having found these friends of mine, from when we were all in our teens and until our early twenties. 

Closing with a wish that many loved ones are joyously united this year.

Veenu
01/02/2021
11:54 pm.

No comments: