Friday, September 2, 2022

Ooooops!

 The clock struck 12 at midnight, it was 5 minutes ago, 

I was too busy penning my thoughts elsewhere, and did not know

Where time flew by, and while the midnight hour is done,

The night is still young and I can tarry here, no need to run.

My coach is no pumpkin, I sit at a table on an orange chair, 

No glass slippers on my feet, to be abandoned on the palace stairs. 

I have the moon for company, and witness to this night,

That I did not shirk my promise, and on my resolve will make right.

I suppose I could let, these few words do the job,

However, that’s not doing justice, my blog I will not rob.

I will say with gratitude, it was a day of one special happy surprise,

It was something kind and thoughtful, it brought moisture to my eyes.

Having said that in the spirit, to fulfill my promise for the day,

I will stop the verse for now, and in prose further have my say. 

Veenu Banga

September 2-3, 2022.

12:17 am.

No comments: