Friday, September 2, 2022

Blessed with my tribe

 It took a long time, but I have finally found my tribe. While I could say we are an army, because we are, it’s because we scattered all over, that I’ll just say I’m connected to a handful, and that they’re more than enough. Kindred spirits. 

There is an inherent element of selflessness to Energy workers. My Tribe is like that. We gather together sometimes, and remain connected in various ways. What brought on this appreciation was a casual chat with Charlene. We text frequently, and I love taking pictures to send to her, and she sends me photos of her farm and her flowers. and other interesting events and milestones in their lives. She’s in NYC, so we’re not exactly close as in vicinity.

Charlene has been knitting and crocheting woolen caps for the last several months. She periodically sends me photos of her handiwork, sometimes she’s even wearing one of them and I get a photo of her modeling her piece de resistance. She’s been knitting them for an agency that supports seniors. The other day she told me that she’s going to make 50 woolen caps for the seniors to wear in the Manhattan winter. I told her, I would like to donate a few copies of my book to a shelter where there are kids, especially at Christmas time. Charlene said that’s exactly what she is doing, knitting the caps to be included in Christmas hampers that will be delivered to seniors by volunteers! 

That’s what I love about my friends, my real ‘friends’, like Susan, not acquaintances. Besides, I’m a sucker for seniors and for little kids. Both are close to God, our creator. One group preparing to be headed there, the other group have just come from there. So special. Life, in all its fragility, in all its illusionary games. It’s the only one we have. It’s something to remember, every day. 


Veenu Banga

September 3rd, 2022.

12:53 am

No comments: