Monday, September 5, 2022

My Eddie phase..

 I’ve realized, I’m going through an Eddie phase. I simply love that poem, and sometimes read it before going to bed. My favorite lines are, “Once we came close enough to whisper,” and 

“..and I

Then let my eyes gaze contentedly, over

Your green coat attired imposing self. Comforted,

I closed my eyes, knowing that our nearness was real

And not a dream.”

Also,

‘…we may

Again traverse together, and our paths stay steady

Long enough for us to appreciate each other better.” 

This page on my blog was open on my old phone, as I had read it last night. The reason I say I’m going through an Eddie phase is because I’m always camera ready to take a photo of the Eddie Stobart trucks. 

Today, we were on our way to Waitrose, I saw an Eddie Stobart truck standing in the Lay by, as the short rest areas are called here. I took a quick photo from the moving car, and then proceeded to look at it. My squeal of delight, startled even me. I don’t remember, ever, ever, having been so excited. It was a fairly decent photo, considering it was from a moving car, but definitely not worthy of an excited, crazed schoolgirl crush squeal. That’s when it occurred to me. That I’m being a bit silly. Let’s see how long this lasts, considering I’m over ‘that Pakistani guy’ who exclusively sings Mohammed Rafi songs, and that other person, fellow from the Islands who sang some of my favorite songs with that cute sing-song Island accent that the Islanders have. I don’t even remember his name, and that was just a couple of months ago. 

On our way back, the Eddie of the green coat was still there, in the same spot, in the same Lay by, so I know it was him. Might have been a her actually. Many of the trucks are named, and I’ve seen female names painted at the front. There could possibly even have been a female driver. Anyway, as we approached the roundabout at the end of the road, there was another truck waiting at the lights, and it turned left. Or gracefully maneuvered the turn. Took two more photos, and I have too many now. 

The thing is, I’m not alone. This is something I discovered when I wanted to share the poem with the company and was looking for their Facebook page. I discovered, not one but a few Eddie Stobart fan pages. I knew train spotting was a thing, but had no idea long haul truck spotting was a thing too. There I found out that when you spot a truck, you have to give, preferably it’s ‘name’, if it has one, and all its technical details as well, which of course I wouldn’t know. There are members of these groups, in the thousands! 

 With so many ardent and devoted followers, Eddie of the green coat is not going to give me a second look. Which is perfect. Because we love, not necessarily to be loved in return, but because of how it feels to us. For the joy we get from it. Love is a feeling, internal and personal. The fallacy of being loved in return or the unrequited love saga, don’t do the feeling of ‘loving’ any justice. So love, and enjoy loving, don’t taint the feeling by making it dependent on another person’s emotional reaction to oneself. Love is only between one’s soul-self and our Spirit. If a bond has been forged, our souls will find a way. 

Till next time, Eddie Stobart, safe travels, to both you and I. 

Veenu Banga

5th  September 2022

11:43 pm. 

 


No comments: