Thursday, March 28, 2024

What a pleasant surprise! Beautiful day..and night!

 Maybe there is something to the online 'spying' that 'they' talk about. That our phones and computers spy on us. Do they? 

Well, I woke up this morning, and as usual, after starting my day, when I came to hang out with my friend YouTube, guess what's the first thing he served up for me? My first thought? Has this jealous ex (https://veenubanga.blogspot.com/2022/01/move-over-you-tube_14.html) contrived a fail-proof coup to regain my interest? 


It so transpired that the first thing YouTube serves up for my viewing and listening pleasure is..drumrolls please, this: https://youtu.be/11tOqbU8Ys8?si=7NSyG9MxKRMzpdmu


Yes! Bimillah Khan, shehnai ki Jaan! Has YouTube been spying on me? Did it see me talk about Bismillah Khan yesterday? https://veenubanga.blogspot.com/2024/03/verse-and-melody_27.html Does it have connections with Google, which hosts my blog? Of course! They're family. 


My evergreen love for this instrument was instantly euphoric at the sight of this dear, dear man. There was joy, head nodding, foot tapping, hand clapping, and tears. It was E X A C T L Y, the kind of shehnai I like to hear, no sadness, just celebration, to celebrate my reunion with...no way, not YouTube, with Bismillah Khan! 


At 4:32 minutes, 5:33 minutes, 11:30 minutes, 13:50 minutes, 14:56, and at 12:00 minutes, Bismillah Khan breathes life into his shehnai with his own breath, a Pran Pratishtan of sorts for his instrument. I notice his face, hands, and large ears, with those big earlobes, a sure sign of a highly evolved spiritual being—someone whose soul and spirit are of a child again. The cute dangler in his right ear adds just the right touch of mysticism. Oh, the joy, the joy, the joy! 


More at 15:26 minutes, 20:45, 22:51, 23:29, 24:02, minutes. He was again sitting before me, although a much older Bismillah Khan. Not apologetic for his inability to play continuously for longer than an hour, he is not embarrassed to display his vulnerability. My heart cozies up to him; his energy emanates through the screen of my iPad. 


Once again, I was a little girl, mesmerized by the hypnotic sounds coming from the pipe of an enchanting personality, a beautiful man with a glowing face, smiling with every pore on his skin, his aging eyes, still like stars, that bring a shine to the hearts of all who will surrender to his sound, and tune in to his frequency. 


More music followed, and the healing triggered by Bismillah Khan's shehnai continued. I noticed my pain had lessened. I even got up to cook for Myself- a sure sign of self-care. Yes, I can do it. 


As the day progressed, more good things came my way, and many more will come. I just have to make my way back- home to the eternal girl spirit, my soul, who lives inside me and has waited patiently all these years to welcome me back. It has never stopped singing. The songs and the music just fell on deaf ears. I hear it now, loud and clear. I'm coming home. 


Veenu Banga

03/28/2024

11:04 pm. 




No comments: