Wednesday, March 27, 2024

It’s all about Emotions

 Master Lin, in his Level 1 class, says Emotions are the most powerful and the primary cause of disease. The disease begins with Emotion. So does healing, but this Emotion has Love in it. 

Every relationship cannot be described with Love, though it is agreed that there are many kinds of Love, including platonic, filial, etc. 

I think the highest Love is an adoration filled with respect. The Adoration of someone so worthy of being adored that to call it even an aspect of Love will be shortchanging it. 

Such Adoration came into my life when I met the Samanijis. Samaniji Jin Pragya ji, and Samaniji Kshanti Pragya ji. It is essential in life to have someone to look up to. Not necessarily a role model, but someone whose traits you can aspire to. May it be their intense spirituality, wisdom, or even discipline, all of which make a persona that excels at life. Lives a life of a higher purpose. These were my Samanijis. They came into my life to resurrect and save. To get me back on the track of life, where I was irretrievably derailed and displaced. 

In any interaction of worth, emotions are involved, and emotions can mine one's innermost depths. The Samanijis usually gave lectures in Hindi. Real "kadhin" (strictly adhering to the classical texts) Hindi is not the colloquial language I'm familiar with, but the textbook kind, and it took me several weeks to comprehend the meaning of their talks. 

However, I maintained the interaction and was richly rewarded. I wrote poetry in Hindi- not in the script, but transliterated. This was only the second time in my life. The first Hindi poem was a song I wrote for a housewarming of a Fiji-Indian Christian family in Sydney. For the Samanijis, I wrote more than one poem in Hindi, and immodest as it is, I thought, and they thought the verses were well written! 

This post was inspired by binge-watching a music group comprising a poet and two singers, one male and the other female. The poet, Ajay Sahasb, stretched popular Bollywood music and transported it into something magical. The singers Rajesh Singh and Gyanita Diwedi have the perfect voices and the right skills to sing them. The musicians accompanying them do a fabulous job of uplifting the melodies to a level of superiority and giving the songs a new lease of life. 

They've taken it off on a tangent, and it's paid off in terms of praise and popularity because of Ajay Sahaab's empathy and emotions toward the lyrics and where they come from in the circumstances under which they were written, and for which they were written with regards to the scene in the movie. He seems able to tell the story of its aura when he adds his own verses to the existing lyrics. 

I think it's the excellence of this group that, somewhere in my heart, I strive to do in my work, which is languishing in the pages of several notebooks that fill up boxes in my home. Those stories deserve their airtime, and their significance, relevance, and worth should not be for me to decide. 

My job is done once I have written. I have to remember that just as I get pleasure from reading other people's work, some may enjoy my writing. That's a pleasing thought!

Veenu Banga

03/28/2024

1:01 am


No comments: