Friday, March 8, 2024

One quick trip

 And the complexion of the day changed! 

I think I’m finally beginning to understand the significance of Shivratri. The magical aspect of it is about Shiva dancing and how Parvati did so much tapasya to marry him. However, I still don’t understand the rituals. Why do we perform them? Shouldn’t it be between the two, the intimacy? Aren’t we interrupting their wedding day and night? 

When I was young, everyone told us girls to keep a fast on Monday to find a good husband. Whatever it is, it is. After a mundane day, a rushed-through close to the week, we went to the Hindu Temple in Casselberry. The Energy was palpable. The temple was very crowded as the Hindu population grew in the area, which is a good thing. The cafeteria stays open longer and more frequently, and the profits support the temple. 

To come back to the Enegy in the temple, I could feel it in my quicker stride- I had been shuffling at home, which is another story. As I write, it’s midnight, and the magic must be happening now! Both in the temple and at the Mission. I am content; I had a 7nice meal, good company with Sheetal Ben and her dad, and the childlike and endearing Sharad Bhai. Sleep beckons, and I’m ready to surrender in her inviting arms! 

Thank you, Shiv Bhagwanji. 

Veenu Banga

3/092024

12:09 am

No comments: