Monday, August 22, 2022

One word, and all that it hides.

 Kashish.

After two hours of immersing myself deep into it, listening to some of my favorite music sung by different artists, I had but one word to show for it. One word that just came to the forefront, of all the talk that goes on in the head, all the scenarios we live through, and all the places they take us, was Kashish. 

Kashish. Aggressively asserting itself. Deep from within, it showed up, reminding me that it was a part of my life and always there, just latent. That I may have forgotten it, but it had not forsaken me. I never asked what it was about today that Kasish decided the time had come for it to come out of the deep, from under the layers of life heaped upon us, and make its presence known.

While I’m no longer sure I remember what Kashish means, I will go with my gut and believe what I think it means. So Kashish for what? 

Kashish- For wanting to be back in India. Wanting to be in the audience of some of these live concert shows where the vocal artists sing, and the musicians play. Where so many souls join them collectively and lose themselves in the heavy cloud of that emotion that comes laden in the songs. 

Kashish, for returning from my morning walks and seeing the sunrise along with my return home. The feeling of my clothes wet, and clinging to me with the sweat born of a brisk walk in the Delhi summer mornings. 

Kashish for participating in the Durga Puja celebrations, watching the Dhunuchi Naach, and being mesmerized by the dancers' devotion. 

Kashish to talk with others in the audience who enjoy live concerts and bask in the collective Energy of the music and the people. Revel in the magic that vocal chords can create, and be grateful for the ability to hear and drink the magic that comes in the form of liquid silk, which can only be created by sound and tasted by hearing. Yes, the Kashish is to partake of that magic potion. 

Kashish to write to Krishna, tell Him what is on my mind, and hope I can demand an answer. After all, He is all things, to everyone, and all things. Also, thank Him for the fragrance.


Veenu Banga

August 23rd, 2002

1:15 am.


No comments: